Sunday (12th October) sees the annual Expatica lifestyle fair "I am not a Tourist" taking place for the fifth year in the Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam.
The purpose of the "I am not a tourist fair" is to provide expatriates in the Netherlands with information, an opportunity to network and a chance to be entertained. From expatriate banking, insurance, taxation, buying a house, looking for a job or learning the language experts will be on hand to give advice and share their knowledge on a variety of stands.
In addition, there are workshops and presentations planned throughout the day on a wide range of subjects. Here are some of the highlights:
- Curious Orange, a live radio recording by Radio Netherlands Worldwide
- Living in Holland – Rent or Buy presented by makelaar.com
- Having a Baby in the Netherlands hosted by Truus Gale for ACCESS
- Author of 25 books, expatriate and career expert Jo Parfitt is presenting "Forced to Fly" and "How to Have a Career in Your Suitcase"
- Down to Earth Meditation for Busy People by Barbara Rogoski
- Women in the Dutch Workplace by Suzy Ogé, Founder and Director of the Women's Business Initiative International
Entertainment includes dancing by Extremos on the main stage, stand up comedy from Lambros Fisfis and improv from The Dog Ate my Scenework. The kids have not been forgotten - a bouncy castle and arts and crafts will undoubtedly keep them out of mischief.
See you there!