Sunday, August 2, 2009

Christina Giannelia in the Hot Seat: Interview with an Expat

Christina has Canadian and Austrian nationality and came to the Netherlands for one reason: to dance. Christina is one of the privileged chosen for a place at the Rotterdam Dance Academy. This is a definite first for the Expats in the Hot Seat series!

How long have you been living in the Netherlands?
One year

What brought you initially to the Netherlands?
I was accepted into the Rotterdam Dance Academy at Codarts University for the Arts.

What is your profession?
I am a contemporary dancer.

What is the main difference between your country of origin and the Netherlands?
The weather, it snows a lot in Canada!

What was the most surprising adjustment you needed to make when moving to the Netherlands?
That the stores close much earlier than I was used to. I often needed to do my grocery shopping between rehearsals because they would be closed by the time I was finished for the day.

What would you miss most about the Netherlands if you were to leave tomorrow?
Their investment into arts and culture. I admire the number of festivals and showings there are here.

What do you like least about the Netherlands?
The rain when mixed with heavy winds - while riding my bike…

What is your favourite Dutch word?
Bromfiets

How would you describe the Dutch people?
Accepting to most things but at the same time they are clear about their rules and regulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment