Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dutch Music (1): Frans Bauer

I was captivated by the goings on on an expat forum on the topic of Dutch music. Somebody has asked for recommendations of Dutch music to listen to. The requestor wanted the song text to be in Dutch and had been told by colleagues to listen to Frans Bauer and Jan Smit. Really. Having listened to both artists, needless to say, they were looking for other artists to try.

Now, I have nothing against Frans Bauer. Each to his own. And if you like that sort of thing...... it is of course a free country. However, the man does not even need to open his mouth to rile me. He has the type of face that raises the temperature of my blood and I am not sure why - perhaps the fact that he evidently wears more make up than me... or perhaps the irritating smile. Or is it just me? Look for yourself.


Having said that, I defy anyone not to know at least some of the words to "Heb je even voor mij?" And you will not see a better video clip - kicking off with Frans himself cycling into a camp site......

As a special treat, here is the man himself.. all together now....


Next post... Jan Smit.......

No comments:

Post a Comment