Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Dutch Decade... Question Time

On Monday I celebrate ten years in the Netherlands, and to mark the landmark event the week will be dedicated to my "Dutch Decade" as I like to call it. Whilst I am on the one hand flabbergasted that a whole decade has passed since I left England and moved to Dutch shores, I didn't want to let the occasion go unmarked so.....

There will be a post every day about some aspect of ten years in the Netherlands, including a Q&A sequence. Some of you have already posed a question by email to me, but for those that haven't - it's not too late. If you want to ask me a question related to living as an expat over the last ten years, or about life in the Netherlands in particular then post your question in the comments box and I will do my best to answer them.

My original plan was to just do one post with a few questions but the questions you have asked so far have been fantastic - in fact they have made me think hard and long about certain aspects of my life abroad - and to give each question the space it justifies, there will be one answer posted per day until they run out.......

So far I have been asked about my integration, changes in Dutch society and about forming social relationships as an expat. What do you want to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment